Monday, January 19, 2009

new year. new me

so as 2008 passes. a new year comes along.. last year was such an exciting time. it was the first time i had made new year's resolutions, a new step in life, and what god had shown me last year was extremely over the top.

(picture of everyone at retreat 2008)

just recently our church had a retreat. and man oh man was that thee BEST by FAR! i honestly believe that newstart had grown more as one body in unity. seeing how we had gotten closer&slowly grew more as one family made things different. not worse but better. the notes we wrote to each other & just reading mine made me realize that im really loved and cared for. im so grateful to have such amazing people in my life.

2 Thessalonians 1:3-4 from the MESSAGE: You need to know, friends, that thanking God over and over for you is not only a pleasure; it's a must. We have to do it. Your faith is growing phenomenally; your love for each other is developing wonderfully. Why, it's only right that we give thanks. We're so proud of you; you're so steady and determined in your faith despite all the hard times that have come down on you.

i think as the new year comes along.. i really wanna grow another step in my faith & relationships. i've really learned last year that we go through hardships and grow stronger from it. things are never perfect, but im always striving to become close. one person who's really helped me grow is chris, my boyfriend. he's helped me grow as a person & that no matter what, he'll always be there for me.

JAMES 1: 2-3 from NIV : Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

so 2 days ago, i wasnt feeling great, but i wasnt feeling bad. and the next day i just couldn't do it and i threw up. it was horrible. i even got some on chris's sock but i actually gave them to him. hahaha(: but seeing chris there for me just made me go wow, he really loves me. he cleaned up everything i threw up&made it seem like nothing even happened. i ruined yesterday which was actually our oneyearanniversary, but chris didnt care. all he cared about was that i'd feel better. im so thankful to have him in my life. and i just hope this relationship of ours keeps growing stronger & stronger.

im young and im still learning each day. many people help me grow & im so thankful to have them in my life. i hope to have an amazing year. i can already see 2009 will be spectacular and god has a plan for me & newstart. :)

2 comments:

  1. lol first =]
    very touching
    its amazing how much you learn, how you take bad situations but instead of dwelling over it you learn from it, =]
    were all here for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. God first. great choice. im super proud of you bobo. seriously. glad you are putting Him first. everything else will follow. im here when ever you need someone to talk to just as i know you will do the same for me. :]

    ReplyDelete